Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Former Thrift Store Find

Hi Friends,

Although I found this a while ago, I never posted the picture. Was searching for a new comforter for our bedroom. I was tired of our drab earthy tone one. I struck gold when I was able to find this Laura Ashley comforter, bedskirt and sheets to match (along with pillow shams). Total paid $16. The sheets are the small cabbage rose pattern, the shams and comforter are the larger flower. LOVE IT.
I didn't realize that purchasing this would prompt me to NEED to paint my bedroom. I went with a very pale green to bring out the green in the bedding. All baseboards and trim are white. I actually was able to find another matching bedskirt that I plan to use to make throw pillows. I have always had plain bedspreads so this is a real change for me but is the only pattern in the room. I might use some stripe fabric in similar colors for other pillows.      



My sister is the one that got me so hooked on thrift store shopping. As long as I can remember, she has been a thrift shopper. After staying with her and finding such treasures, she had me hooked. I now RARELY frequent any other kind of store. Thanks Sis for showing me the ropes!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful bedding! i love the cabbage roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! It is so pretty. Green paint will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have precious memories of us hunting for the bigger comforter...and finding it! I love treasure hunting with you!!! I can't wait to see your bedroom after all your hard work.

    As soon as my back is better I must plan a trip to come see you... I am looking forward to our "creative" weekend the end of April.

    love you OASFABI, sis

    ReplyDelete